KIT/IMK-IFU is partner within the Network of Excellence “Environmentally Compatible Air Transport System (ECATS)” funded by the European Commission. ECATS shell be a durable and long lasting means of cooperation and communication within Europe, made up of a number of leading Research Establishments and Universities who have expertise in the field of aeronautics and the environment. ECATS’s vision is to contribute to the environmental goals of the Vision 2020 for Aeronautics and the Strategic Research Agenda. The overall goals of ECATS are to create a European Virtual Institute for research of environmental compatible air transport; to develop and maintain durable means for cooperation and communication within Europe and to strengthen Europe’s excellence and its role of the influence in the international community.
IMK-IFU contributes at the research fields
- Improvement of airport air quality
- Determination of aircraft emissions (data bank for aircraft emission indices, emission inventories)
- Determination of airport emission rates by application of inverse dispersion modelling
- Data bank for the validation of airport air quality modelling
- Control of emission reduction measures
The cooperation with end users and stakeholders is organised by contribution to the Coordination action “Aircraft Emissions and Reduction Technologies (AERONET III) funded by the European Commission.
Previous measurement campaigns on airports
Contact: Klaus Schäfer