VFF-IFU e.V. was founded in 1989 as a registered non-profit-making association.
Its area of responsibility is
- financial aid to support scientific projects and workshops.
- an annual award for outstanding scientific and professional performance with respect to publications, doctoral thesis and diploma thesis presented by staff members.
- protection of the interest of IMK-IFU vis-à-vis policy makers and the media.
There is an annual general meeting during which the members have the opportunity to gain an insight into the current scientific work of the members of IMK-IFU and the development of the institute.
The annual award is also presented at the general meeting.
The membership is open to all.
(i.e. former staff members, local politicians, representatives of business and industry, scientific bodies and interested members of the general public)
For further informations please contact:
Friends of IMK-IFU - VFF-IFU e.V.
Verein der Freunde und Förderer des Instituts für Meteorologie und Klimaforschung (IMK-IFU) – VFF-IFU e.V.
c/o KIT-Campus Alpin
Tel. 08821 183-101
Fax. 08821 183-103
1. Award: Dr. Sebastian Weller
Weller, S.; Janz, B.; Jörg, L.; Kraus, D.; Racela, H.S.U.; Butterbach-Bahl, K.; Wassmann, R.; Kiese, R.
Greenhouse gas emissions and global warming potential of traditional and diversified tropical rice rotation systems.
Global Change Biology, 22 (2016), 432-448. DOI: 10.1111/gcb.13099
2. Award: Petra Hausmann, PhD candidate
Hausmann, P.; Sussmann, R.; Smale, D.
Contribution of oil and natural gas production to renewed increase in atmospheric me-thane (2007-2014): top-down estimate from ethan and methane column observations.
Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 16 (2016), 3227-3244. DOI: 10.5194/acp-16-3227-2016
Adv. Radtke, Prof. Schmid, P. Hausmann, Prof. Rennenberg, B. Janz (for S. Weller), Prof. Seiler (left to right)