Current Position (2015-present):
Postdoctoral Scientist, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research (IMK-IFU), Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bavaria, Germany. Group: Transport Processes in the Atmospheric Boundary Layer; led by Dr. Matthias Mauder (http://imk-ifu.fzk.de/table.php).
- PhD, Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, NC, USA (2011-2015). Dissertation: Turbulence in Natural Environments (http://dukespace.lib.duke.edu/dspace/handle/10161/10535). Advisor: Prof. Gabriel Katul (https://nicholas.duke.edu/people/faculty/katul/homepage.html).
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering, 2007-2011, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India.
- Investigating climate feedback of semi-arid ecosystems by means of Large eddy Simulation (LES) (http://imk-ifu.fzk.de/table_2244.php).
- Phenomenological study of scaling laws of turbulence statistics in neutral and thermally stratified atmospheric surface layer (ASL) (Analytical approach).
- Turbulent flow and associated exchange processes in the presence of vegetation-canopy heterogeneity and/or complex topography (Numerical approach).
- Wind shear induced turbulence in water-bodies (Particle Imaging Velocimetry (PIV) experiments and numerical modeling.
- Banerjee, T., D. Li, J.Y. Juang and G.G. Katul, 2015, A spectral budget model for the longitudinal turbulent velocity in the stable atmospheric surface layer, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1175/JAS-D-15-0066.1 Link to early online release
- Banerjee, T., D. Poggi, C.W. Huang, M. Kumar and G.G. Katul, 2015, Turbulence induced aerosol-sized particle deposition over forest edges and gaps situated on complex topography, Atmospheric Environment. To be submitted
- Majumdar. R and T. Banerjee, 2015, Effect of changing source capillary radius on bulk flow parameter scaling laws for hypersonically expanding arc-ablated polycarbonate plasma for fusion and space applications, Journal of Fusion Energy. DOI: 10.1007/s10894-015-9947-y. Full Manuscript in PDF
- Banerjee, T., M. Muste, G.G. Katul, 2014, Flume experiments on wind induced flow in static water bodies in the presence of protruding vegetation, Advances in Water Resources, DOI 10.1016/j.advwatres.2014.11.010. Full Manuscript in PDF
- Banerjee, T., G,G. Katul, S. Salesky and M. Chamecki, 2014, Revisiting the formulations for the longitudinal velocity variance in the unstable atmospheric surface layer, Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, DOI 10.1002/qj.2472. Full Manuscript in PDF
- Banerjee, T. and, G. G. Katul, 2013, Logarithmic scaling in the longitudinal velocity variance explained by a spectral budget, Physics of Fluids, DOI 10.1063/1.4837876. Full Manuscript in PDF
- Banerjee, T., G.G. Katul, S. Fontan, D. Poggi and M. Kumar, 2013, Mean flow near edges and within cavities situated inside dense canopies, Boundary-Layer Meteorology, DOI 10.1007/s10546-013-9826-x.Full Manuscript in PDF
- Sahu, A., T. Banerjee, A. G. Niyogi and P. Bhattacharya, 2013, Active control of radiated sound from stiffened plates using IDE-PFC actuators, International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, Volume: 18 Issue: 3 Pages: 109-116, . First Page in PDF
- Surface layer turbulence and canopy turbulence, Alpine Summer School on Land Atmosphere Interactions, course XXIII, Valsavarenche, Valle d'Aosta (Italy), June, 2015.
- Turbulence in complex natural environments, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-B), Mumbai, India, October, 2014.
- , 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011; San-Francisco, CA, USA.
- European Turbulence Conference, 2015, Delft, The Netherlands (Submitted).
- American Physical Society (APS) March Meeting, 2014, Denver, CO, USA.
- 67th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics (DFD), 2014, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- International Workshop on Eco-hydrology of semiarid environments: Confronting mathematical models with ecosystem complexity, 2013, Be'er-Sheva, Israel.
Significant Honors and Awards:
- Certificate in Nonlinear and Complex Systems, Duke University, NC, USA.
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) WISE (Working Internship in Science and Engineering) Fellowship, 2010.
- Jadavpur University Medal for Excellence in Environmental Engineering, 2011.
Reviewer for following Journals with number of reviews in bracket:
- Advances in Water Resources (2).
- Water Resources Research (2)
- Experiments in Fluids (1)
- Journal of Hydraulic Engineering (1)
- Journal of Applied Meteorology and Climatology (1)
- Journal of Hydrometeorology (1)